Catholic Climate Covenant reminds us that the remainder of September and through October 4th is a special time of prayer for the Earth, our common home.
One way to take action on behalf of the environment is to participate in upcoming e-waste collection days in Huntley (September 19th) and at McHenry County College (October 3rd). Some fees may apply.
- Recycling contamination article from guest writer Kelli Boeckmann, Solid Waste Manager for the McHenry County Department of Health
- Variety of apps you can use to donate or resell your items
- County-wide residential electronic collection events information
- Curbside food scrap organics collection options
- Recycling statistics from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency